Friday, August 17, 2007

Perfect position lost to another

It's been awhile since my last post but I've been busy looking (still) for a new "job".

I had a great interview with an agency in Limerick a couple of weeks ago and knew the position I interviewed for was perfect for me. Great location, pay and hours. The recruiter went on vacation two days after our interview so I had to sweat it out for a week, actually closer to two.

Well as patient as I am (HA!) I emailed the other recruiter in the office (who by the way never met me but was super helpful) to check on the status of the position. It was put on hold!

AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!! Put on hold? For what? Turns out there were referrals from a couple of employees and the hiring manager wanted to interview them before any one else. So, okay I get that.

Hmmm. Waiting. I emailed the recruiter as advised when she returned from vacation, no response. Then two days later I get a phone call (last Wednesday), sorry they opted to hire one of the "referrals" who also will relocate for this job. Huh?

The 5 year old in me said I'm closer (maybe 20 minutes from the company), not fair!! Now I know life isn't fair but that doesn't make this process any easier.

My mantra: Everything happens for a reason. I do truly believe that.

So have you lost the "perfect" position only to find another that was more perfect than the first?

No comments:

Post a Comment