Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Inspiration Comes from Anywhere



I had a phone interview a couple of weeks ago, one question asked is where do I find inspiration. Anywhere!

I picked up a free cabinet, it was in pretty bad shape but it was free and perfect for the book overflow from my office. I had leftover paint from an update done to one of the bedrooms in my house, it was perfect for what I had in mind. The colors leftover from the room is what sparked my idea for this bookshelf and a couple of other projects. 😁
Before bookshelf...the first image is the top of the bookshelf, it stands about 4 1/2 feet tall. The second image is of the bottom front to show the feet.
Feet & bottom of the bookshelf.
Updated bookshelf ready to use - whoo hoo! There are two colors, the inside is a seafoam while the outside and the trim is a blue-gray. ❤️❤️❤️ this color combo.
Perfectly placed just outside my office door with my book overflow and room for more. 👍🏼
I picked up this cabinet for $10 for my office to bring my printer down to where I can really use it (I'm only 5 feet tall and where the printer was it was over my head). As you can see it really needed some ❤️❤️. I also needed to decide if I wanted to put the doors back on or leave them off.
Work in progress - filling the holes, sanding - getting it ready for painting. Made the decision no doors and I bought hairpin legs (which I ❤️ ❤️❤️).
All done! Now I can reach my printer. Colors are the same but reversed from the bookshelf, outside and shelves are seafoam while the inside "walls" are the blue-gray. 😍😍
Can't forget the hairpin legs - so happy I found a reason to use them in a project. Need to find another project so I have a reason to buy and use them again. 😁
My kitchen before an ugly, brown and depressing. Just as a side note this is what the kitchen looked like when I bought the house. (I can't upload a video so unfortunately there can be no before and after). Believe me when I tell you I wanted to blow up my entire house because of how much I hated the kitchen. 
This picture is from when the house was inspected before moving in. It at least gives you an idea of how bad the kitchen was. 
1918734_1103868442939_2812731_n
My dog ❤️s the vent when the air is on. This picture gives a bit more for you to see the ugliness of the kitchen. Blah!!!
A few quick pics of it all done.
Remember the doors from the $10 cabinet I upcycled for my office? They were cut down and used in my kitchen - one as a shelf to free up some counter space.
The other door was cut up to make a mail/key station so it could hang using a small picture hanger instead of two screws deep into the wall. Couldn't be happier with how it all turned out.
Final addition to the kitchen - getting rid of that ugly cafeteria like light. New blubs as well, the fixture came with bulbs that gave off an amber-like glow that was just not right for a kitchen. The new bulbs are a soft white. Still to finish is patching and painting the ceiling where that ugly light came from. But overall I am beyond ecstatic about the kitchen update.
If you have a project you want to tackle, plan it out, make sure you have everything and then just DO IT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment