Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Life goes on...

It seems I'm back here in the same spot I was in last year questioning where to go and what to do. I promise myself I'd write more, go out more with friends just do more for me. As life gets busier and busier it seems I do less and less for me and just barely enough to keep my head above water. Life is busy, crazy and hectic this time of year. Not enough hours in the day, always tired...

Another draft but this one from earlier this month, seems like not much has changed in theme from one year to the next. Maybe it's time I start exploring what makes me happy in relation to my career. I recently watched a Christmas movie that was about the 2,000th take on Charles Dickens "A Christmas Carol", this was a Hallmark movie called "It's Christmas, Carol". Great take on the classic actually, my point is, the one line that stuck with me the most is Work to Live, Don't Live to Work. I should enjoy what I'm doing not just going through the motions to make sure my bills are paid. Why can't I love what I do and pay my bills? I think that might be the question of the century and one I'll explore if the world doesn't end on Friday as the Mayan's seem to think it will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment